On busy days, smoothies are a great way to get vegetables, fruit, and protein into your diet without a lot of fuss. They are quick, easy, and portable. Smoothie bowls, on the other hand, are perfect for lazier mornings. They are lovely to eat out on the back porch with my morning tea and a book. I like to make mine a little more substantial by adding in fresh fruit, dried fruit, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. To add a little extra something to this smoothie bowl, I added some vanilla Perfect Fit protein.
Perfect Fit was created by the girls who founded Tone It Up . It comes in two flavors, is organic, gluten-free, kosher, and vegan! Perfect Fit comes in two forms – a 50 serving bag or a package of 20 individual packets. Perfect Fit is brown rice protein. I’ve tried it in smoothies and to make protein pancakes and was really happy with it. It’s sweet and does contain stevia, but it’s not overly sweet like other protein powders that I have tried.
What you will need to make Banana, Kale & Mango Smoothie Bowl with Perfect Fit Protein:
- 1 packet vanilla Perfect Fit
- 1 cup kale
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Optional toppings – fresh and frozen berries, sliced fresh banana, dried goji berries, dried mulberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cocoa nibs
How to make Banana, Kale & Mango Smoothie Bowl with Perfect Fit Protein:
- Add the Perfect Fit, kale, frozen mango, and banana in the blender. Then pour the coconut milk over.
- Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk as needed. I use a Vitamix high speed blender. If you have a regular blender, you will likely need to add more liquid to your mix.
- Top with sliced banana, frozen raspberries, goji berries, mulberries, hemp seeds and anything else you would like!
If you try this recipe, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture.
[maxbutton id=”1″][maxbutton id=”2″]
Petit Vour is a monthly box subscription that delivers cruelty free and vegan beauty items to your door. While they have been doing a normal box for just over a year now, they recently started a Limited Luxury box as well. I subscribe to their monthly box and was offered one of the Limited Luxury Spring Collection boxes for review.
Monday morning marks the start of the Tone It Up 2014 Bikini Series challenge. It’s eight weeks of morning and evening workouts created by two awesome trainers, Karena and Katrina. While prepping for the start of the series, I realize that it has now been one full year since I discovered Tone It Up. Not only did I want to share my excitement for the upcoming challenge, but this seemed like a good time to reflect on my progress over the past year.
I originally started the Tone It Up program very casually – maybe 2-3 workouts per week. I went back and forth on doing it regularly and did not become disciplined with it until the fall. I loved the workouts, but always let myself have excuses not to do them – too busy, too tired, other things to do, etc. Last fall I decided that enough was enough and I needed to fully commit myself. It reminded me of all the reasons I originally started Tone It Up.
My goals with Tone It Up are not based around weight loss. I’m happy with my size as it is and I am not someone that needs to lose any weight. People often ask why I’m working out because I am already skinny. The idea that fitness has to be about weight loss is very foreign to me. For me, working out is all about health and taking care of my body. My main goals are, simply, to tone up and feel stronger. Over the past year, my size hasn’t really changed much. Sure, some of my old jeans from last year no longer fit over my butt, but that’s due to the fact that I actually have a butt now thanks to Tone It Up! My body feels stronger and more toned than it ever has.
The benefits don’t stop there. When I am committed to the workouts and stick with it, I feel much better emotionally and mentally as well. I have a much easier time handling stress, I sleep better, and I’m generally happier. These benefits can be said of any regular exercise routine, but I love the supportive community built into Tone It Up and feel that it’s compounded these results.
If these are the results I’ve seen after one year, and only a few months of being truly committed to the program, I’m very excited about the long-term benefits.
Tomorrow is the start of the 2014 Bikini Series and I cannot wait! I’ll be checking in daily on Instagram so log all of my workouts. Who else is going to Tone It Up with me?!
Although many companies offer synthetic makeup brush sets in addition to ones made with animal hair, it is challenging for compassionate consumers to find a 100% Vegan company that offers professional quality synthetic brushes exclusively. Needless to say, I was elated when the Australian company, Furless, offered to send me a complete set of their Must Have Professional Makeup Brushes for review. The company’s name, Furless, defines their core beliefs. I literally could not wait for these brushes to arrive in the mail.
[maxbutton id=”1″][maxbutton id=”2″]
After receiving the October box from Petit Vour to review, I was hooked. I subscribed right away and have honestly been so excited about each one that I have started using the items before I can photograph the boxes. Petit Vour is a monthly subscription box that brings you only cruelty free and vegan items.
My March Petit Vour box contained:
- NCLA Aly en Vogue nail wraps – There were a couple of different prints received in boxes. I loved the mix of pastels and floral in these wraps! Plus, it’s no secret that I love NCLA products.
- Lotus Wei Inspired Action Balancing Serum – The scent mix of pink pepper, Jamaican bay, and citrus is earthy and refreshing. These serums are designed to be rubbed onto your pulse points to enhance inner peace, confidence and fearless creativity.
- I.C.O.N. India Oil – This hair oil smoothes flyaways, detangles, and has a lovely amber scent. It’s a mix of argan and moringa oils, both of which are great for your hair. This helped to tame my frizz and smoothed split ends.
- LAFACE Hydrating & Firming Body Lotion – Made from high quality products, this body lotion was hydrating and smooth without being heavy. It has a light lavender scent that may help with relaxation.
- California Naturel Gentle Cleansing Gel – Made for all skin types, this cleansing gel has notes of rose, lavender, chamomile, palmarosa and ylang-ylang. It also contains aloe vera, which is very soothing for skin.
- California Naturel Nourishing Cream – Made for dry, normal, and sensitive skin this cream will moisturize and also claims to help with skin elasticity.
- California Naturel Balancing Complex – Made for combination and oily skin, this complex helps to hydrate while balancing out your skin. It contains Argan, Borage, Olive and Jojoba oils to leave your skin soft, nourished, and matte.
The Petit Vour box costs $15.00 a month in the US and $23.00 a month in Canada. Starting in May, the boxes will also be available Internationally for $30.00 per month. This price includes shipping.
I really enjoyed this box. I loved the variety of products that it contained and the mix of full-size, large sample size, and single use samples. Most of the brands in this box were new to me and it was fun to get introduced to a new company and new products.
You can stay up to date with Petit Vour on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest.