My protein waffle kick has only increased over the past couple of months. It’s just so quick and easy to make a batch of delicious waffles that are not only vegan, but also soy-free, and gluten-free! Recently I paired them with some healthy chocolate protein soft serve for a super decadent feeling brunch that was actually quite healthy.
To make the protein waffles, you can follow my recipe from the post Vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit. Perfect Fit is one of my favorite protein powders. It’s made from brown rice protein, which seems to work really well in this recipe. Despite being gluten-free, the waffles are fluffy and moist like traditional waffles. This protein powder is also organic, raw, gluten-free, soy-free, and Kosher.
That being said, I find that Plant Fusion protein powder actually works the best in the soft serve. It blends in really well and doesn’t have that gritty texture that some protein powders can have.
What you will need to make Chocolate Protein Soft Serve:
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 scoop chocolate Plant Fusion protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened almond milk
How to make Chocolate Protein Soft Serve:
- Put a scoop of chocolate protein powder in the bottom of your blender.
- Add the frozen bananas in a blender and let them sit for about 5 minutes. This lets them thaw out a little bit for easier blending.
- Start blending at the lowest setting possible. It will take a bit for the banana to start blending. At first, it will blend into pea size chunks but then start to turn creamy and smooth. I use a Vitamix for this. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, or just want a creamier texture, add in the almond milk.
- Continue to blend on the lowest setting until it’s creamy and smooth.
If you try this recipe, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture.
Food styling by Justin M.G. Mendez.