Lately I’ve been on a protein waffle kick. After working out, it’s good for your muscles to get some extra protein to help them repair and regenerate. While a lot of people opt for a smoothie or just mix their protein powder with almond milk, I always look for a more substantial option. I do a fasted cardio session right after waking up, so these vegan protein waffles are the perfect way to start the morning.
These waffles are not only vegan, but are also soy-free and gluten-free!
Continue reading Vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit!
What you will need to make Vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit:
- 1/2 a ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 scoop or 1 package vanilla Perfect Fit protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil spray
How to make vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit:
- Pre-heat your waffle iron. Some irons only have one temperature setting and others have several. If your waffle iron has a temperature setting, set it to medium-low.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (banana, almond milk, raw apple cider vinegar, and vanilla). Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add in the powdered ingredients one at a time. Mix well before adding each additional dry ingredient.
- Mix all the ingredients well until there are no clumps and the batter is smooth.
- Cook in the waffle iron until done. The outside should be nicely browned.
- Top with pure maple syrup, fruit, and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture.
Just made this with Vega vanilla protein powder and spelt flour. So yummy! Really, really filling, too. Next time I’m going to make a double or triple batch so I can freeze the extra for next time. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
That sounds really good! Happy to hear that this recipe works with the Vega powders too!
If you dnt have banana, what can you use?
I am not sure if there is an appropriate substitution. Sorry about that!
Are they good for energy?
I think so. Having protein after a workout always helps to restore my energy levels and helps to keep me full for a longer period of time.
I am getting so sick of my protein drink. I cannot wait to make these!