Lately I’ve been on a protein waffle kick. After working out, it’s good for your muscles to get some extra protein to help them repair and regenerate. While a lot of people opt for a smoothie or just mix their protein powder with almond milk, I always look for a more substantial option. I do a fasted cardio session right after waking up, so these vegan protein waffles are the perfect way to start the morning.
These waffles are not only vegan, but are also soy-free and gluten-free!
Continue reading Vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit!
What you will need to make Vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit:
- 1/2 a ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 scoop or 1 package vanilla Perfect Fit protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil spray
How to make vegan Protein Waffles with Perfect Fit:
- Pre-heat your waffle iron. Some irons only have one temperature setting and others have several. If your waffle iron has a temperature setting, set it to medium-low.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (banana, almond milk, raw apple cider vinegar, and vanilla). Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add in the powdered ingredients one at a time. Mix well before adding each additional dry ingredient.
- Mix all the ingredients well until there are no clumps and the batter is smooth.
- Cook in the waffle iron until done. The outside should be nicely browned.
- Top with pure maple syrup, fruit, and enjoy!