When it comes to finding a cruelty-free mascara, a lot of people need some help. For many people who transition to a cruelty-free beauty routine, finding a good cruelty-free mascara can be one of the hardest parts. Many of us are picky about mascara and know what we want from a formula. Some of us want length, others volume, maybe a mascara that targets the lower lashline, or something that’s water-resistant. Figuring out which cruelty-free mascaras to try? That can be a totally different story.
There are so many cruelty-free mascaras out there and that’s why I decided to create this cruelty-free mascara guide. There are so many cruelty-free mascaras out there to try. All the brands listed do make vegan mascaras but may make some non-vegan mascaras as well. Where I can I mention specific vegan formulas.
This is the most recent update of a post I originally published on March 4, 2015.
I get a lot of people asking what my favorite cruelty-free and vegan mascaras are. I have tried TONS and, to be honest, a lot of them are just so-so. There are several that I have used over and over and purchased several times. I wanted to give these special formulas their own video for those interested.
My Favorite Cruelty-Free Mascaras are:
- Lily Lolo Mascara
- Root 100% Lash Mascara (use code TASHINA for 10% 0ff)
- Pacifica Dream Big Mascara
- Eye of Horus Bio Lash Lift Mascara (use code LOGICAL HARMONY for 20% off)
- 100% Pure Maracuja Mascara in Black
Want to see more cruelty-free mascara options? Check out the list below!
The following brands are all cruelty-free and offer some vegan mascara formulas. While they are cruelty-free, some of these brands offer mascaras or other products that are not vegan. This list will be kept as up to date as possible but brands may change formulas, so be sure to read ingredients before purchasing. Any mascaras suggested next to the brand names are not only cruelty-free but also vegan. Brands that are 100% vegan are noted.
Cruelty-Free Mascara Brands with Vegan Mascara Options:
- 100% Pure – Maracuja Mascara Black Tea, Maracuja Mascara Blackberry, Maracuja Mascara Dark Chocolate
- Adorn Cosmetics – 100% vegan – Eco-Luxe Mineral Eyelash Primer, Mineral Mascara
- Barry M – Lash Vegas Mascara, Lash Vegas Mascara with Fibres
- Beauty Without Cruelty – 100% vegan
- Blinc – Blinc Mascara
- Charlotte Tilbury – Full Fat Lashes in Glossy Black
- Ciate London – Wonderwand Intensely Volumising Mascara
- Ecco Bella – Flowercolor Natural Mascara
- Elate Clean Cosmetics – 100% vegan
- ELF – All mascaras are currently vegan
- Emani – 100% vegan
- Eye of Horus (use code LOGICAL HARMONY for 20% off) – Bio Lash Lift Mascara
- Gabriel Cosmetics – Gabriel Mascara
- Gourmet Body Treats – Long Lash Mascara
- Honeybee Gardens – Truly Natural Mascara
- Juice Beauty – Phyto Pigments Ultra Natural Mascara
- Lily Lolo – Vegan Mascara
- Lush – Eyes Right Mascara
- Milani – Length In Seconds Lash Extension Fibers
- Pacifica – 100% vegan
- Per-Fect – Liquid Lash Curler Mascara
- Pixi Beauty – Lash Booster Mascara, Lower Lash Mascara
- Pur Cosmetics – Big Look Mascara, Triple Threat Slimline Mascara
- Red Apple Lipstick – The Lash Project Mascara
- Root (use code TASHINA for 10% off) – 100% vegan
- Silk Naturals – Natural Black Mascara, Natural Brown Mascara
- Smashbox* It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not. – Full Exposure Mascara, Full Exposure Waterproof Mascara, X-Rated Mascara
- Tarte* It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not. – Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Lifted Sweatproof Mascara, Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara, Limited Edition Lights Camera Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara, Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara
- The All Natural Face – 100% vegan
- TheBalm – What’s Your Type – The Body Builder Mascara, What’s Your Type – Tall, Dark, and Handsome Mascara
- Too Faced* It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not. – Better Than Sex Mascara
- Ulta – Feathered Lashes Mascara
- Urban Decay* It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not. – Mascara Resurrection, Troublemaker Mascara
- Wet’n’Wild – MegaVolume Mascara, MegaLength Mascara, MegaPlump Mascara, MegaClear Mascara
- ZuZu Luxe – ZuZu Luxe Mascara
What is your favorite vegan and cruelty-free mascara? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Sign up for Ebates and get cash back on purchases from some of the retailers included in this post, such as Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, and more!
Other cruelty-free shopping guides:
Editor’s Note: By using the affiliate links in this post you are supporting Logical Harmony! How does it work? When you purchase a product through one of these links Logical Harmony gets a small commission at no extra cost to you. This is a very large part of what keeps Logical Harmony running – Thank you!