My favorite thing about Superbowl season is the snacks. I really don’t care about the sports aspect of it. I’m all about what’s on the table. It’s also the perfect time of year, and the perfect excuse, to have some fun in the kitchen re-creating some classic recipes. Buffalo cauliflower is a staple in our home. This year we wanted to add to the selection with a different take on classic nachos. We partnered up with Nacheez to bring you this delicious recipe for a layered vegan nacho dip with seasoned potato wedges.
While there’s definitely still room for classic nachos on the table, we wanted to try created a vegan nacho dip instead. And why use just tortilla chips or veggies for dipping? Why not try something new? These seasoned and baked potato wedges are yummy on their own but compliment the Nacheez vegan nacho dip perfectly. This combination is addictive. You and your guests will go back for more.
What exactly is Nacheez? Nacheez is a vegan nacho cheese made from cashews, peppers, and spices. It’s creamy in texture, and super flavorful. Surprisingly, there is only 140 calories in an entire jar. Plus, it’s also soy-free and gluten-free. It perfectly fills the craving for my spicy cheese fix.
What you will need to make Layered Nacheez Nacho Dip with Seasoned Potato Wedges:
Nacheez comes in three flavors – Mild, Medium, and Spicy. All three are available directly from Nacheez and from Vegan Essentials. You can also buy single serving pouches from Vegan Essentials that are perfect for on-the-go.
For this recipe I used 3 oven safe glass dishes that each held about 4 Cups, but feel free to use one large oven safe glass baking dish.
What you will need to make the Seasoned Potato Wedges:
- 8-10 Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- Salt and pepper to your liking (I used about 1 teaspoon of each)
What you will need to make the Layered Nacheez Nacho Dip:
- 2 Jars of Nacheez (Spicy is my favorite)
- 2 Cans refried black beans with jalapeños (from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Cups guacamole (you can find it prepackaged at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 (12oz) package of vegan chorizo
- 1 Cup vegan cream cheese
How to make the Seasoned Potato Wedges:
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Wash your potatoes to remove dirt (no need to peel them).
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Continue to cut each wedge in half lengthwise until you have 8 wedges from each potato.
- Place your wedges in a very large bowl and add in all the dry spices, mix with your hands or a large spoon then add in the olive oil and continue to mix until the wedges are well coated. (If you do not have a large enough bowl you may have to do this step in 2 batches.)
- Place wedges with their peels down on a very lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 40 mins until golden. For a little extra crispiness you may find yourself broiling your potato wedges slightly.
How to make the Layered Nacheez Nacho Dip:
- Layer each ingredient in your baking dishes. I put the beans first, the “chorizo” second, the “cream cheese” third, and guacamole fourth, and on the very top I put the Nacheez.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400F for 30 mins or until the center of your dip is hot (use a spoon to check and always be careful!)
- Remove from oven, give a few minutes to cool, serve and enjoy!