Nail wraps are the perfect manicure solution for those who are self-manicure challenged or need a cute manicure in minutes. They take all the work out of it and it’s easy to find cruelty free options. Want to learn how to make your nail wraps last longer? Treat them right, and nail wraps should last you at least a week if not longer. With these tips on how to make nail wraps last longer, they will quickly become a staple in your beauty routine.
- Prep your nails by giving them a once over with polish remover. This helps to ensure than any traces of polish, lotion, or natural oils on your nails are gone. These can prevent the wraps from sticking as long as they should.
- Follow the package directions perfectly. There’s a reason that they have instructions for how to prep your nails. Just like with a regular polish manicure, oils on your nails could prevent the wraps from sticking.
- Apply a base coat. The package directions should advise you to apply a base coat to your nails. If they do not, you should do this. It gives the wraps something to adhere to.
- Apply a top coat. Once the wraps are in place, trimmed and filed down as needed, finish with a top coat. I find it helps to apply an extra coat on the tips of my nails.
- Re-apply the top coat every other day. I don’t know about you, but I’m very hard on my nails. I have a job were I use the computer all day, I then come home and blog, do dishes and workout. I probably use my nails as tools more than I should. Adding a fresh coat of clear polish every other day helps prevent snags caused by my lifestyle.
- Snag a nail? Don’t fret! Sometimes it happens. If you’ve caught the edge of the wrap on something and it starts to pull it up, apply a drop of clear polish under the nail wrap and press the wrap in place until the polish is dry. If you’ve snagged it on something and it’s pulled a bit of the wrap off your nail, apply clear polish to prevent any peeling from around this area.
With these tips, your nail wraps should last you an extra long time. When it comes time to remove the wraps, again, please follow the instructions that are provided. Peeling nail wraps off can cause damage to your nails. I like to loosen mine up by letting cotton balls soaked in polish remover sit on them for a few minutes (wrap your tips in foil!). The nail wraps should slide off without any damage to your nails.
My personal preference when it comes to nail wraps is NCLA. Their wraps are cruelty free, vegan, and come in a wide range of styles.