Did you know that the Cruelty Free and Vegan Brand List on Logical Harmony is updated at least once a week? In an effort to make it easier for you to know what changes are happening, we are now publishing a weekly update. This lets you easily see what brands have been added to the list!
What will be included in these updates? A list of brands that have recently been added to the cruelty free list, a list of brands that have been added to the grey area list, a list of brands that have been added to the brands to avoid list, and a list of pending brands.
Read more to see the full Cruelty Free Brand List Weekly Update!
New Cruelty Free Brands – These brands are completely free of animal testing. They also either have vegan options or, if noted by “100% vegan”, are currently a completely vegan line.
- DN-UNIK – 100% vegan! (Was previously on the Brands to Avoid list, but has stopped selling in China)
- Girlactik Beauty – 100% vegan! (they have since been moved to the grey area list for omitting animal ingredients from the documents submitted to Logical Harmony)
- The Argan Tree
New Grey Area Brands – Being on this list does not mean that these brands test on animals. It means that we require additional information in order to add these brands to the cruelty free section of the list and have asked these brands for that additional information or clarification.
New Brands to Avoid – These brands have a stance on animal testing that Logical Harmony is not comfortable with. This could mean that they test on animals, take part in required by law animal testing, work with 3rd parties or suppliers who test on animals, or that they do not ask or require their ingredient suppliers be cruelty free. This can also mean that these brands will not provide any sort of animal testing statement about their current practices and policies. These brands are best to avoid because animal testing may be involved at some point.
- Banana Boat (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Edge Shave Gel (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Hawaiian Tropic (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Playtex (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Schick (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Skintimate (Replied with a required by law animal testing stance)
- Weleda (The brand states that they are cruelty free and sell some products in China that do not need to be tested on animals due to the recent changes in animal testing laws in China. For several months, I have been asking the brand for a list of these items to ensure that they are in fact items that do not need to be tested on animals. The chances of an international brand selling products in China that do not need to be tested on animals is very slim. The brand will not provide me with a list of the items being sold in China. Because of this, I feel that until the brand can be transparent with consumers it should be avoided.)
New Pending Brands – Logical Harmony has reached out to these brands at least seven days ago about their cruelty free status and has yet to receive a response. We are constantly reaching out to brands, but understand that it may take them longer than 7 days to get back to us.
- Artistic Colour Gloss
- Creative Nail Design (CND)
- GI Soap
- Kjaer Weis
- Le Chat
- Oyin Handmade
- Premae Skincare
- Red Carpet Manicure
- Za Cosmetics