Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Lemon Garlic Mayo
We all have our weaknesses when it comes to food. One of mine comes in the form of fries with rosemary sea salt and garlic sauce from a local food joint. The other day I had a huge craving for their fries but wanted to find a way to make a healthier alternative at home. These baked sweet potato fries are seasoned to give them a lot of flavor.
While my favorite spice combination is rosemary, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper you can spice these any way you like! Curry powder is delicious. So is a kick of cayenne. These baked sweet potato fries are really easy to make and, with the seasonings and sauce, come out feeling so fancy. They are great alone or with a salad or your favorite vegan burger.
What you will need to make Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about palm sized)
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Optional additional seasonings: 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes well. Use a vegetable scrubber if you have one, or use a wet towel. Dry and cut into wedges, slices, or chunks. Whatever style you prefer. I usually trim the ends off mine as well.
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a small bowl and add just enough olive oil to coat them – about 1 tablespoon. Toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with the seasoning mix and toss more.
- Lay the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and bake for another 1-2 minutes per side, until the fries are a bit more browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
How to make Lemon Garlic Mayo Dipping Sauce:
- 1-3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl or food processor and mix
If you try this recipe, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag Logical Harmony on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture.
These sound delicious! I think I’ll give these a spin for dinner tonight.
I hope you like them, Martha!
I LOVE sweet potatoes! yum!
I just learned, in case some of your readers may wish to know who may be vegetarian or who buys vegan products from ANNIES – they just got bought out by general mills who uses pigs and other animal products (gross) I know at least in some of their cereals.
I have never bought anything from ANNIES but I looked up that they do have a small amount of vegan products, so thought I’d share. hope this helps! Keep shining on your own ways, I think that is one of BEST ways to educate without the judgement.
I know. I’m SO sad that they got bought out! They are a local company for me, too. 🙁
After seeing this blog post I immediately went to the shop to get the ingredients to make the fries myself. They were delicious and I’ll definitely be making them again.
So easy but so good!
I’m so glad that you liked them, Laura!
Omg. Lemon garlic mayo. How have I never thought of that before? I am always team sweet potato – regular fries are so blah in comparison. Thanks for the recipe!
I hope you enjoy it, Audrey!
these look perfect. i love the seasonings you added. i have been using black pepper a lot lately and love the little kick it gives to roasted veggies.
Right? It’s SO good!