Drugstore cosmetic brand Wet N Wild has long been known for their large variety of makeup at extremely affordable prices. Not only is this easily accessible line cruelty free, but they also offer a variety of vegan items.
As previously stated – With each brand that I want to feature, I’m sending the company an e-mail asking them to clarify if they use animal testing at any point in the process as well as if they use any animal ingredients or by-products. I want readers of Logical Harmony to be getting verified information that I know is correct. When I contacted Wet N Wild, they sent me the following reply :
Thank you for contacting wet n wild.
As a PETA-certified cruelty-free brand, for the thirty years we’ve been around, we’re proud to say that we have never and will never test on animals, and neither do any of our third party vendors.
While most of our products are vegan, we do carry some products that contain carmine. However, carmine is relatively harmless and is considered an all-natural ingredient. The FDA states that it has found no evidence of carmine posing a “significant hazard” to the general population. But, in rare cases, people have been found to be allergic to it.
Here is a list of our vegan products:
- Perfect Pair Eye Wand: 110, 112-115 ir Lip Wand: 120, 121, 123
- Idol Eyes Creme Shadow: 130-132, 134, 135
- Color Icon Shimmer Pencil: 154-157
- Intuitive Blend Shade-Adjusting Foundation + Primer: 175-178
- Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15: 181A-184A
- Fast Dry Nail Color: 221C-238C
- Glassy Gloss Lip Gel: 309A-314A
- Color Icon Eyeshadow: 250A, 252B, 254B, 256B, 331, 380B, 385B
- MegaGlo Illuminating Powder: 346, 348
- Wild Shine Nail Color: 401A-469
- Silk Finish Lipstick: 505A-553B
- MegaSlicks Lip Gloss: 560A-563B, 565C-578
- Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner: 650D-663C
- Color Icon Lipliner: 664C, 666
- MegaLast Retractable Eyeliner: 690A-695A
- Natural Blend Mineral Foundation and Mineral Veil: 745-749
- Natural Blend Pressed Powder: 821A, 823A-827A
- MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner: 861-863, 865, 868
- Wild Shine Lip Lacquer: 920-922, 925-928
- Speed Gloss Energizing Lip Shine: 942, 943, 945, 948, 949
- MegaLast Nail Color: 201B-218
- Color Icon Blusher: 832E, 833E
- Ultimate Match Foundation SPF 15: 852A-857A
- MegaLast Lip Color: 900B-919B
- Cover All Coverstick: 801-804
- All Mascaras are vegan
Editor’s note: Since this time, some ingredient formulas have changed. Wet’n’Wild does keep a vegan list on their website but some of the items included do contain animal ingredients (such as beeswax or lanolin). It’s in the best interest of any vegan reader to read the ingredient list before purchasing. – January 28, 2014