It has been a long time since my last video, but I am back to making them again! In this video, I share the cruelty free and vegan products that I used up during the month of January. I always enjoy watching these videos because hearing someone’s thoughts on a product once it’s all gone can tell you a lot about it. The video is located behind the cut, so click the “more” link to watch it.
The video is located behind the cut, so click the “more” link to watch it.
Continue reading to watch the January Empties Video!
[maxbutton id=”1″][maxbutton id=”2″]
The Petit Vour September 2014 Beauty Box was one of my favorites ever, and not just because I co-curated the box. Because we have so many favorite cruelty free and vegan beauty items that we wanted to share, it was just too hard to limit ourselves! The Petit Vour team and I worked together to create several box combinations of our favorite goodies. We hope that you love them as much as we do!
Each Petit Vour September 2014 Beauty Box contained some of the same items:
- Ellovi Tinted Lip Butter – The classic Ellovi Lip Butter was one of my makeup bag staples because it is super moisturizing. Their tinted version leaves behind the perfect light wash of color in a shade that is flattering on every skin tone. It is also just as moisturizing as the original Lip Butter formula. A full-size tube was included in each of the September beauty boxes. You can also purchase the Ellovi Tinted Lip Butter in a two pack from the Petit Vour online shop.
- Yarok Feed Your Ends Leave-In Conditioner – Often times leave-in conditioning treatments only weigh my hair down. Not this leave-in conditioner from Yarok! It does a great job of helping my ends stay healthy without reducing volume. As an added bonus, it also helps protect your hair from damage caused by heat styling. This is especially important to me heading into the colder months where my blow dryer gets used more. Feed Your Ends has a soft herbal scent that is very soothing. The boxes contained a deluxe travel size of Feed Your Ends, but you can purchase a full size version in the Petit Vour online shop.
- Root Science Skin Care – There were three potential products from Root Science that could have been received in this box. Some people received a face scrub, others a serum, and others a detox mask. This is because Root Science products are so wonderful that we just could not settle on one item to include! After using the mask, my skin felt so incredibly soft. I was a bit worried that the RS Detox mask would irritate my combination skin, but it worked great with my skin type. I love that the RS Face Scrub is made from natural exfoliants. I used it as a weekly boost to my skin care routine and find that it really helps the condition of my skin. The RS Youth Serum is super concentrated and very moisturizing. Root Science ingredients are all organic and the products are made in small batches to ensure higher quality products. You can purchase a full size version of all three, and additional Root Science products, from the Petit Vour online shop.
As I mentioned, aside from the Root Science products there were also some other potential combinations that people received in their Petit Vour September 2014 Beauty Box. Other products that may have been included in boxes are:
- Lily Lolo Mineral Eyeshadow – Several shades of this eyeshadow were included in boxes. All of the shades are very pretty and very versatile, so I hope everyone got a shade that they are happy with! I received Vanilla Shimmer. It’s a perfect highlight shade. Light colored sparkly shades can easily be overpowering, but this shade was subtle and very pretty. I think it will be great to use as a highlight shade around my eyes, but also on my face as well. You can purchase a variety of shades of Lily Lolo Mineral Eyeshadow from the Petit Vour online store.
- NCLA Nail Lacquer – Any reader of Logical Harmony knows how much I love NCLA polishes and nail wraps. So it was only natural that they be included in the Petit Vour September 2014 Beauty Box! What I love about NCLA polishes is that they are 5-free, chip-resistant, highly pigmented, and come in a large variety of shades. The shade that was included in this beauty box is Santa Monica Shore Thing. This shade is one of my favorites from NCLA. You can purchase a variety of shades of NCLA Nail Lacquer from the Petit Vour online store.
- LVX Nail Lacquer – Those who received the July beauty box that I co-curated with Petit Vour may remember the pastel pink nail lacquer called Lolli that was included. Many people wanted to get their hands on this shade after the July box was no longer available, so we decided to bring it back for the September box. Pastel pink is one of my signature nail shades. You can purchase a variety of shades of LVX Nail Lacquer from the Petit Vour online store.
I am really happy with how the Petit Vour September 2014 Beauty Box turned out! I love all of the items that were included. I thought that including several potential options made it more fun as well. For those who were long-time subscribers, Petit Vour made sure that the products included were not ones that they had received before. This extra attention to detail was greatly appreciated by a lot of subscribers. The feedback we received on this box was also amazing. I am so happy that so many people loved their September box!
You can stay up to date with Petit Vour on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
Editor’s Note: The product(s) featured in this post were provided by a representative of the company named in this post for editorial consideration. Please note that all reviews are 100% honest and a product would not receive a favorable review unless it provided favorable results. This post contains affiliate links.
Photos by Justin M.G. Mendez.
One thing that many Logical Harmony readers may not realize is that the Cruelty Free & Vegan Brand List is updated about once a week. In an effort to be more transparent with readers about these updates a recap will be posted once or twice a month of the brands who have been added to various sections of the list. That way, it will make it easier for you to stay up to date on what brands have been contacted and what their responses have been.
Brands added to the cruelty free and vegan brand list are brands who have confirmed they are completely cruelty free and have vegan options, if not being 100% vegan. This means that they have confirmed they do not test the products on animals as a finished product, during production, to comply with local and regional laws or use ingredients that have been tested on animals. This list does include brands who are cruelty free but have a parent company that tests on animals, but in cases like this it will be noted next to the brand. Brands recently added to the brands to love section –
- Coola Skincare
- Herban Cowboy
- Napoleon Perdis
- Overall Beauty Minerals
- Paula’s Choice
- Root Science
The grey area section is for brands that have responded, but I have been unable to get a clear response from. Typically these are brands who say that they are cruelty free, but won’t speak to production, finished product, ingredient suppliers or testing to comply with local laws. Brands recently added to the grey area section –
Brands added to the brands to avoid section are those who have confirmed that they test on animals themselves, to comply with local and regional laws, or use ingredient suppliers that test on animals. Brands recently added to the brands to avoid section –
Brands added to the pending brands section are those that I have recently been reached out to with questions about their stance on animal testing and use of animal ingredients. Brands recently added to the pending brands section –
Curious about a brand and don’t see it on the full list of cruelty free and vegan brands? Please leave a comment there and let me know!