Recently in my hair care favorites video, I talked about the importance of investing in quality hair tools. When #iFabbo offered to send me a #Twirl360 from T3, I wanted to give it a try. What interested me about this curling iron is the unique technology behind it. The Twirl360 curling iron not only auto-rotates, but it also has motion-sensing technology to help you get the perfect curls easily and quickly.
Claims: “Flawless curls, powered by science. T3’s revolutionary gyroscopic curling iron features patent-pending motion-sensing technology and an auto-rotating barrel to create beautiful curls and waves with a simple turn of your wrist. The Twirl 360 senses the movement of your hand and automatically rotates in the desired direction, forming polished, perfect curls every time. With five heat settings up to 410°, two speeds, and T3 tourmaline + ceramic technology, the Twirl 360 is ideal for any hair type or skill level. It features an ergonomic design for an effortless styling experience, creating long-lasting, beautiful, lustrous curls and loose waves quickly and easily.”
Continue reading the T3 Twirl 360 Curling Iron Review!
The idea of motion-sensing technology in a curling iron seemed so strange to me at first. How it works is that the barrel can detect the movement of your wrist and this starts the auto-rotate of the barrel.
Features of the Twirl 360:
- 1.25-inch barrel: perfect for creating on-trend curls and loose waves
- Single “Go“ button: barrel activates with a press of a button and a simple turn of the wrist
- Digital SinglePassTM technology: constantly measures and adjusts the temperature across the entire barrel for accurate, consistent heating while styling
- Mid-length clamp: ideal for curling any length of hair—even if it’s layered
- Cool tip: makes it easy to safely and quickly maneuver the curling iron
- Nine-foot 360° swivel cord: professional-length with swivel prevents cord tangling for hassle-free styling
- Two-year warranty: comprehensive coverage and support options
Pros: Heats up quickly. Multiple temperature settings. Multiple speed settings.
Cons: The technique takes a bit getting used to and can be confusing at first. It would be great if more tutorials were provided by the brand to help you understand how to use the Twirl 360.
- Select the right speed. Press the power and temperature switch once quickly to operate at a slower speed or press down for two seconds to operate at a faster speed.
- Select the optimal heat setting for your hair type. Double click the power and temperature switch, and then continue to click to select your desired temperature.
- Always start at a lower heat setting and work your way up if needed.
- Gather and clip the top half of your hair out of the way.
- From the bottom half of?your hair, clamp a one- to two-inch wide section and glide the iron towards the ends.
- Holding the “Go“ button, slowly rotate your wrist in one motion to activate the rotating barrel. Do not rotate the barrel against the hair, as it will cause a kink.
- Release the “Go“ button to stop the rotation.
- Hold for a few seconds and then release the curl.
- Repeat steps until your hair is fully styled.
Watch the tutorial videos on the T3 website before using this curling iron for the first time. These were really helpful for me to figure out this unique product. The T3 Twirl 360 is available at Sephora and Nordstrom.
The Verdict: This curling iron did not work great with my hair. I have fine hair and it’s hard for it to take or hold a curl as it is, but this curling iron seemed much less effective at curling my hair than the one I currently own. It gave me great soft waves and some extra volume, but it did not give me the curls that I was expecting. I can see this working much better on those without fine hair and have seen great results on others who have a different hair type than I do.
Important update on November 9, 2015 –
T3 has issued a safety recall on the Twirl 360 Motion-Sensing Auto-Rotating 1.25” Curling Iron (MSRP $230) in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada. The clamp on the tool can detach while in use, posing a burn hazard.
Please stop using this tool immediately. For information on how to send in your tool for repair, please contact T3 consumer services at 1-866-8880 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday or visit T3 online at www.t3micro.com and click on the “Product Recall” link at the bottom of the page.
T3 is committed to providing you with safe products and regret any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions, please contact T3 consumer services at the above-listed telephone number.
Editor’s Note: Some of the product(s) featured in this post were provided by a representative of the company named in this post for editorial consideration. Please note that all reviews are 100% honest and a product would not receive a favorable review unless it provided favorable results. This post contains affiliate links. This means that I receive a commission from items purchased through these links.