Overnight oats are one of the latest trends. For good reason too. They make it easy to have a healthy breakfast on the go! The combinations of what you can do are endless. i saw a recipe for Skinny Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats one of my favorite blogs, MeganQuint.com, that looked so good that I had to veganize it!
What you will need to make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking or steel cut oats
- 1 cup vegan yogurt, I used coconut milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pumpkin pie spice to taste
How to make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats:
- Just like Megan, I layered mine into the jar.
- The first layer was 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds, and half the pumpkin puree, added in that order.
- The second layer was 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds, and the rest of the pumpkin puree, added in that order.
- Shake slightly to make sure the almond milk is reaching the oats at the very bottom of the jar!
- Put in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy in the morning!
- Leave in the jar, or move to a bowl, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice. I took Megan’s advice and added some sliced banana. Delicious!
When I first decided to try the recipe I figured it would be easy – just swap the non-vegan ingredients for vegan ones. However I learned that equal amounts of coconut yogurt and non-vegan yogurt just don’t seem to react the same in this recipe. When I used the same measurements as Megan did, most of the oats were still completely dry the next day. On my second attempt I had success and some amazing overnight oats to enjoy!
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!