One of the most important steps to skin care is something that you very may well be forgetting – washing your makeup brushes on a regular basis. Giving them a thorough washing once a week not only ensures that your makeup application is a smoother process, but it’s also very important for your skin. Depending on how many brushes you use, it can take as little as 5 minutes to get them clean. Find a 24 hour time frame in which you won’t need to use your brushes, and get into this habit.
What you will need :
- Your makeup brushes
- A sink full of warm water
- Towels you don’t mind getting dirty
- A mild cleanser
How to wash your makeup brushes :
- Swish your brush around in the water.
- Add a small amount of a gentle cleanser to the bristles and lather. I like to use vegan soaps from Dr. Bronner’s or Jason Natural Products.
- Rinse your brush thoroughly under running water until the water runs clear. I like to really work the soap into the brush under running water to really get everything out. This is especially important to do with foundation brushes, which hold onto the product more than most other brushes.
- Wipe the brushes on a towel. I prefer to use lightly colored towels so that I can make sure I got all of the product out of my brushes. Then lay flat to dry.
Once your brushes are clean and dry, you will notice that they apply makeup like they are new again.
Images : WeHeartIt
Last Updated on April 9, 2016