Let’s face the facts here – there’s a reason that there is such a huge market for concealer. Many of us have issues with dark eye circles. They are one of the most annoying things to deal with because it often seems like nothing you do will make them go away. Genetics are usually the main culprit behind dark eye circles. Age also comes into play because they often get worse as we get older and our skin cells start to weaken. So while that means you might be stuck dealing with them, there are several ways to take care of your eye circles without spending a fortune.
- Remember that the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate and treat it correctly. Gently remove your makeup, don’t rub your eyes, and don’t pull the skin around your eyes when applying your makeup. These small habits can all make dark eye circles worse.
- Make sure that you are using a good eye cream. Beautisol’s Bright Eyed eye cream (check out my review!) is great and I also really like the Yes to Blueberries Brightening Eye Roller (review coming soon!). Reviva Labs’ RevitalEyes Serum looks like a great product too. Derma e also makes several eye creams as well.Â All of these products are both cruelty free and vegan.
- Try green or chamomile tea bags. Brew it as normal, then let the tea bags cool (stick them in a freezer for some extra help!) and sit with them on your eyes for 10 minutes. Some say that the caffeine in green tea helps with your eye circles more, while others prefer chamomile. Ultimately, it’s up to you.
- Try potato or cucumber slices. Cut thin slices of either vegetable, let them cool in the fridge, and let sit on your eyes for 10 minutes.
- Stay hydrated!! Drinking more water will help with any and all of your skin woes. This also means avoiding a lot of caffeine and salt since they dehydrate you.
What are your favorite tips to help you deal with dark eye circles?
Images : Real Beauty
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!