Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Cheezy Cashew Sauce
It’s been a while since a new recipe has been posted on Logical Harmony. I’m excited to get back into it! While I haven’t stopped spending time in the kitchen, the past few weeks have been very busy and I just haven’t been as creative in the kitchen. Then I realized that, if you are like me, having recipes for quick but healthy meals is really valuable. Because of this, I decided to start tracking what I was making at home and sharing them with you.
This veggie quinoa bowl with cheezy cashew sauce is one of my recent favorites. Roasted vegetables, fresh kale, and quinoa are always a great combination. They are easy to prepare and hold up well for eating as leftovers during the busy work week. This cheezy cashew sauce is creamy and adds a lot of depth to this bowl. It’s especially perfect for those days when I’m craving something more indulgent, but still want to stay on track with my eating habits.
Continue reading to learn how to make Veggie Quinoa Bowls with Cheezy Cashew Sauce.
What you will need to make Veggie Quinoa Bowls with Cheezy Cashew Sauce:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups assorted vegetables – We usually use a mix of sweet potato, red onion, garlic cloves, mushrooms, and cauliflower.
- 2 cups shredded kale or baby kale leaves
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or for a minimum of 2-3 hours)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 teaspoons brown or dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 teapoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Veggie Quinoa Bowls with Cheezy Cashew Sauce:
- Pre-heat the oven to 300-350 degrees. The temperature may vary from oven to oven. We currently have an older electric oven and the temperature seems to vary when using it. I find it best to start with a low temperature and roasting the vegetables for longer if needed.
- Prep the vegetables by chopping them into pieces about 1-1/5 inches in length.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil it to prevent the vegetables from sticking. Lay the vegetables flat in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the vegetables. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Combine the quinoa and the water in a small pot. Put on the stove over medium heat and bring the water to a boil. Once it is boiling, place a lid on the pot, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cashews, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, mustard, soy or almond milk, and Bragg’s. Process or blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, layer quinoa, raw kale, and the roasted vegetables. Top with the cheezy cashew sauce.
If you try this recipe for veggie quinoa bowls with cheezy cashew sauce, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag @logicalharmony or #logicalharmony on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture.
Is this a recipe for two servings?
I would say so. 🙂 Two or three depending on the portion sizes you like.