Lately, I have been on a bit of a smoothie bowl kick. The perfect addition to any smoothie bowl is great granola. Where I have a hard time here is that so many granolas contain a lot of sugar. I wanted to find a way to have the flavor without all the extra sugar. This maple almond granola is great with coconut yogurt, with fruit or on smoothie bowls.
Continue reading to learn how to make Simple & Easy Maple Almond Granola.
What you will need to make Simple & Easy Maple Almond Granola:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make Simple & Easy Maple Almond Granola:
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. The temperature may vary from oven to oven. We currently have an older electric oven and the temperature seems to vary when using it. I find it best to start with a low temperature and bake for longer if needed.
- Mix the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut butter and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is evenly coated. At this point, it may be easiest to mix the ingredients together with a fork or your hands.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. The nuts and oats should be lightly toasted.
I store leftovers of this granola in glass jars in the refrigerator. It can easily last for about 2 weeks when stored that way, but my guess is that you won’t have it around that long.