Every Monday I post a recipe here on Logical Harmony. Not only do I think that it is a good thing to start the week feeling motivated to make healthy food choices, but I am also a huge fan of the #MeatlessMonday movement. GardeinTM is revolutionizing dinner tables everywhere by providing people with a delicious plant protein that is easy to use in the recipes you already love.
I am a huge fan of their products and was able to partner with them to create an awesome recipe to share here on Logical Harmony. I created my own #MeatlessMonday recipe featuring my favorite Gardein item to show you how convenient and delicious plant protein really can be.
In case you are not familiar with the brand, Gardein is a delicious and sustainable plant protein that provides the taste, texture and nutrition of meat but with less fat, less calories and no cholesterol. This means that you can create many of your favorite dishes in a way that is better for your body and our furry friends.
Health reasons aside, there are also many environmental reasons to reduce or eliminate your intake of animal products. Did you know that it takes approximately 2500 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef. It takes only 50 gallons of water for a plant-based meal! To put this into perspective, this is the equivalent water savings if you did not shower for 6 months.
Knowing facts like this, I think it is very important for everyone to think about the impact they can have. If you already eat a plant based diet like I do, Gardein is great to use to introduce your family and friends to meat-free options. All of their products are delicious and so convenient to use in cooking! Plus, I promise that you, your friends, and your family will love them. I cook with Gardein a lot and have often served it to meat eating friends and family. They are always blown away by how great it tastes and how much better for them it is than meat!
Continue reading to learn how to make Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n with Veggies and Coconut Rice.
What you will need to make Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n with Veggies:
- 1 package of Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
What you will need to make Coconut Rice:
- 1 cup white jasmine rice
- 1 15 ounce can lite coconut milk (note: You can use regular if you like, but the rice will not turn out as light and fluffy as it does with lite coconut milk.)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
How to make Coconut Rice:
- Rinse the rice in water two to three times. To do this, place the rice in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Swirl the rice around in the water. You should see the water getting cloudy. Drain the water. Repeat two to three times, until the water is clear. Drain all the water from the rice after rinsing. Leave the rice in the pot.
- In the same medium pot, add the can of coconut milk, water, and chopped garlic to the rice.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the mixture is rapidly boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes. Once that time is up, take the pot off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and, in the process, mix in the green onion.
How to make Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n with Veggies:
1. Remove the sauce packet from the Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’ package and thaw based on the package directions.
2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Add the onion, peppers, mushrooms, and 2 tablespoons water to the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes – until the onions are starting to caramelize. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in the broccoli, sugar snap peas, and garlic. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
5. Remove the vegetables from the pan and place them aside in a bowl.
6. Cook the Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n following the directions on the package. Trust me, it is so easy! Plus you can make them on the stovetop or in the oven depending on your preference.
7. Add the sauce and cook for about 30 seconds.
8. After adding in the sauce, add the veggies back in. Mix well and cook for another minute or so.
9. Serve over or next to the coconut rice and enjoy!
If you have never cooked with Gardein before, you will be surprised at how easy it is! You can easily make a delicious #MeatlessMonday recipe using the Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n. Watch the video below to see how easy they are to make. Then use this recipe for Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n with Veggies and Coconut Rice to amp things up and create a delicious and healthy dinner for your family.
Some other delicious Gardein options are Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, Fishless Filet, Teriyaki Chick’n Strips, Chick’n Sliders, and Beefless Ground (gluten-free). I have tried all of the Gardein products and have enjoyed each one. Using Gardein in your diet can help your health and the environment. It’s a win-win situation!
So what are you waiting for? Get your hands on some Gardein today! You can even get a $1 off coupon to use on your purchase. Just visit the Gardein #MeetChef page to find the coupon and view some great recipes created by Gardein.
There are more amazing recipes made with Gardein on my #MeetChef Pinterest Board. Get a sneak peak below!
If you try this recipe, please let me know. I love getting comments on the recipe posts and please tag @logicalharmony or #logicalharmony on Instagram or Twitter if you share a picture. Don’t forget to tag @Gardein and use #MeetChef for any recipes you make using their products. It’s a fun way to let them know how much you are loving their plant based options! You can stay up to date with Gardein on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. Content by Tashina Combs. Photos by Justin M.G. Mendez. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Gardein . The opinions and text are all mine.
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!