Keeping track of cruelty-free brands can be a challenge! It seems like it’s a contantly changing landscape and brands can change their status. Plus, there are so many new brands you may not have heard of before. In an effort to make it easier for you to know what changes are happening, we publish an update to let you easily see what brands have been added to the list!
What will be included in these updates? Brands that have recently been added to the cruelty-free list, the grey area list, the brands to avoid list, and the pending brand list. An explanation of what being added to each list means is included below. Make sure to check out the full Cruelty-Free Brand List for even more cruelty-free brands!
New Cruelty-Free Brands – These brands are completely free of animal testing. If noted by “100% vegan”, are currently a completely vegan line.
- Burt’s Bees (Moved from brands to avoid list. They have pulled their products out of stores in China and have returned to a cruelty-free status.) – It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not.
- FARSÁLI – 100% vegan
- Kirei Cosmetics – 100% vegan
- Loa Skin Care – 100% vegan
- Marc Jacobs Beauty – Please note that Marc Jacobs Beauty and Marc Jacobs Fragrances are two different brands and are owned by different companies. While Marc Jacobs Beauty is cruelty-free, Marc Jacobs Fragrances is not cruelty-free.
- Smashbox (Moved from the grey area list.) – It should be noted that they are cruelty-free, but their parent company is not.
- Xyrena – 100% vegan
- Zaya Eco Skincare – 100% vegan
New Grey Area Brands – Being on this list does not mean that these brands test on animals, but it also doesn’t necessarily mean that they are cruelty-free either. It means that we require additional information in order to add these brands to the cruelty-free section of the list. In these cases, Logical Harmony has asked these brands for that additional information or clarification about their cruelty-free status but has not received it.
- Aveda (Moved from brands to avoid list, have started to make changes to their animal testing policy and has expressed interest in starting the process to be listed on Logical Harmony)
- Missha US (Was unable to provide a clear statement on animal testing practices, requests for clarification have not been responded to)
New Brands to Avoid – These brands have a stance on animal testing that Logical Harmony is not comfortable with. This could mean that they test on animals, take part in required by law animal testing, work with 3rd parties or suppliers who test on animals, or that they do not ask or require their ingredient suppliers be cruelty-free. This can also mean that these brands will not provide any sort of animal testing statement about their current practices and policies. These brands are best to avoid because animal testing may be involved at some point.
- Simple Green (tests on animals when required by law)
New Pending Brands – Logical Harmony has reached out to these brands at least seven days ago about their cruelty-free status and has yet to receive a response. We are constantly reaching out to brands but understand that it may take them longer than 7 days to get back to us.
- capri BLUE
- Christophe Robin
- Edward Beale
- Kyra’s Shea Medleys
- Little Barn Apothecary
- LUX Naturals
- Natural Citizen
Want to use the Logical Harmony Cruelty-Free Brand List on the go? Follow the instructions in the posts below for an easy way to take the list with you on your phone!
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!