Pumpkin spice is the flavor of fall. Everything from tea to lattes to oatmeal and breads come in pumpkin spice flavors. Last week, a foggy fall morning and a craving for pumpkin lead to this recipe for pumpkin spice pancakes.
What you’ll need for pumpkin spice pancakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
How to make pumpkin spice pancakes:
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat a pan on the stovetop. Melt the coconut oil in the pan, turning to coat the pan surface, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add in the water and mix well. It’s okay if there are lumps.
- Spoon the batter onto the hot pan. Once you start to see small bubbles popping in the middle of the pancake, flip it over. Cook until golden brown on the other side.
I find it best to gradually turn down the heat with each pancake. Since the pan stays hot, this prevents them from burning. For toppings, I kept it simple with just a little agave and soy margarine. Some slivered almonds or crushed hazelnuts would be a great addition as well.
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!