One of the most commonly asked questions is what products I use myself and how do I apply them. I plan to film a video all about my current favorites, but wanted to post an introduction to share my favorite tools.
One of my favorite makeup products is foundation. Foundation helps even out your complexion and can help mask imperfections and uneven skin tone. I also love that it’s so versatile! You can by light, medium, and full coverage foundations. Matte finish or natural. You can even customize them further by mixing with moisturizer, a liquid highlighter, or a liquid luminizer.
These are my favorite cruelty free and vegan foundations that I have tried. These products are all cruelty free and vegan formulas. That means no animal testing or animal ingredients.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation: This full coverage foundation also contains UVA/UVB SPF 15. This product is very full coverage, so you need less product than you would think. A full tube lasts me for several months. Shop online.
- Wet’n’Wild CoverAll Foundation: For those on a budget, this is a great option! The color range is a bit limited, so I often buy two colors to mix together. Thankfully, it’s affordable enough that this still makes it budget friendly. It also contains SPF 15. Shop online.
- DeVita Naturals Moisture Tints BB Cream – BB Creams are a hybrid product. They mix moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation into one tube. This BB Cream is super moisturizing and is also paraben free. It’s sheer and offers buildable . Shop online.
When it comes to applying foundation, I’ve found two methods that really work well for me.
- Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki – I first found out about this brush from my pal Marissa, and it has seriously improved my foundation application. Sigma makes brushes that are both real animal fur and synthetic. This one is, obviously, synthetic. It does an amazing job at blending out foundation! Shop online for this brush or view their full vegan brush collection.
- Beauty Blender Sponge – When I first saw the price of this blender, I had immediate sticker shock. I purchased several dupes before caving in and buying the original Beauty Blender. This one is amazing! No dupe can compare! The Beauty Blender makes your foundation (or concealer) look absolutely flawless. Shop online.
What are you favorite foundations and your favorite tools to apply them?
We'll send you weekly recaps & more!