I love kale salads almost as much as I love fall weather. This kale salad recipe is a great way to be sure you’re getting in your greens once the temperatures outside start to drop. With the addition of lentils and quinoa, this filling kale salad is also loaded with protein and fiber.
What you will need to make Harvest Kale Salad:
- Kale leaves, stems removed, torn into small pieces (I prefer curly kale, but use whatever kind you like)
- 1-2 teaspoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 avocado, or 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 acorn or butternut squash, roasted and diced
- 1-2 beets, roasted and diced
- Nutritional yeast
How to make Harvest Kale Salad:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the kale and Bragg’s liquid aminos. Massage for at least 5 minutes to really break the kale down.
- Add in the avocado or olive oil and continue to massage the kale until it’s dark green in color.
- Add in the lentils, quinoa, squash and beets.
- Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Toss and enjoy.
If you live near a Trader Joe’s, you should be able to find pre-cooked beets, pre-cooked lentils, pre-cut squash, and quick boil quinoa to make this process even easier. You can also make the lentils, quinoa, beets and squash a day or so ahead of time. This salad is very easy, but very satisfying and perfect for your fall lunch routine.